Corporate volunteering is one way for companies and their employees to demonstrate their Corporate Social Responsibility, contributing and making a valuable difference to the community.
Corporate volunteering is an integral part of social coalition, where business, communities and non-profits work together to solve social issues. Corporate Volunteering involves the contribution of time, talent, energy, skills and resources of a company’s workforce, for community benefit.
Corporate volunteering, while fairly new to Australia, can have a number of positive outcomes, including:
- Increasing team spirit
- Exposing staff to new skills
- Improving professional development and providing leadership opportunities
- Boosting your company’s reputation as a community-minded organisation; improving internal culture and productivity
- Helping Rural Aid to support rural communities in need; contributing to raising Rural Aid awareness, much-needed rural assistance funds and future business partnerships
We at Rural Aid are passionate about finding unique and empowering ways to engage our corporate partners with our vision of helping rural communities and farmers in need.
Rural Aid Engagement Programs:
- 1 – 3 Day Corporate Volunteering Program
We may not have Segways, ropes, cool games, interesting puzzles or life-threatening scenarios, but we do have fresh air, clear skies, lots of dirt, some cute animals, and most importantly, some very needy farmers with tasks and jobs they need a hand with. That’s where you come in.
- 5 Day Farm Rescue
Farm Rescues entail a group of up to 12 volunteers and tradespeople, helping farmers in need. Jobs can range from painting and fencing through to electrical, plumbing, construction, mechanical, gardening and more. Farm Rescue trips involve working on one or many properties, or a community project for up to 5 days.